Friday, December 9, 2011

The Outside In Burger

For the Fast Food ThrownDown on The BBQ Brethren I decided to go with a burger that I've been doing lately. In early May 2011 I went on a cruise to Bermuda with my g/f and my sister and her husband. We went to a resturant called The Frog and The Onion (if you ever go this is a MUST). I'm not a fan of onions or basically anything. I ordered the Bacon Cheeseburger because I THOUGHT it'd be a safe order. I took one bite and couldn't stop talking about how delicious it was. Once I looked down I saw the meat was filled with diced peppers and onions. Since it was so good, I closed my eyes and finished that bad boy.

For the ThrowDown I took the burger a step further. Thus creating the Outside In Burger. I'm sure it's been done before, but that's what I'll call it ... and it's my blog so that's all that matters. To go with the burger, and since it's a "Fast Food meal", I also added some home made fries.

Using the fancy slicer my g/f has I sliced 2 (not the 3 shown) potatoes into fries.



Layed them on a pan, and covered them with a "3 Beer BBQ Rub"



I diced the 1/4 of the green pepper, 1/4 of the onion, and precooked the bacon. I mixed the pepper and onion in the meat adding some whirsirsirsirsirsirsirsire sauce and McCormic Gormet Burger seasoning. Added some Pepper Jack cheese and the bacon to the middle then combined the "bottom" and "top" patties.



The "Slice of Life" picture comes with the burger sitting on a Fuddrucker's bun and plated with the finished fries.


A look at the inside of the Outside In Burger shows how everything mixed together, and came out AMAZING!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment