Friday, April 22, 2016

I'm Dyin' For Daddy D'z BBQ, Atlanta GA

With the number of times we've been to Atlanta, I can't tell you how many times we've passed Daddy D'z and I've wondered why we never stop in. Before this last trip, I was looking for new places to eat and found Daddy D'z on multiple "Best BBQ in Atlanta" lists. I decided that before we did anything else on this trip, we were going to Daddy D'z to eat.

We pulled in at 1, and the parking lot was packed and filled with the smell of deliciousness and smoke.


I went with the sampler plate (we should have split), which comes with 6 Que Wraps, 2 Ribs, Beef, and Pork with 1 side and cornbread or roll.


The Que Wraps are pulled pork wrapped in wonton wrappers and deep fried that you take a dip into BBQ sauce. If that sounded amazing, it's because they were. It's like bite size BBQ crack. I could have eaten a plate of just those.

The beef and pork were both pulled in long strands hiding under the ribs soaking up all of yummy goodness dripping off of them. The ribs were absolutely delicious and sloppy messy like ribs should be.

The ribs, pork, and beef were all very good, the Que Wraps were absolutely killer, but the macaroni and cheese absolutely blew my mind. It was like a mixture of that country meat and 3 restaurant with black pepper and it seemed like a little smoke. This is top 5 best mac n cheeses that I've ever had in a restaurant. 

Their motto is, "We Ain't Pretty But We're Good" ... that is not a lie.

Their sauce was a little heavier on the vinegar sauce than I prefer, but the food was on point.



No comments:

Post a Comment