Friday, August 1, 2014

Loaded Landsharks

In honor of International Beer Day, I thought it'd be fitting to do a beer post.

A few years ago, Dawn and I went to Margaritaville in Myrtle Beach, SC. The waiter came by and asked what we'd like to drink so I ordered a Landshark. I'd never had a Landshark before, but they're made by the Margaritaville Brewing Co. so I thought I'd give it a shot. The waiter then asked "Do you want a regular Landshark or a Loaded Landshark?" I said, well I don't know, what's the difference.

Well, if you'll sit back for just a moment, I'll tell you what a Loaded Landshark is and I'll even show you how to make one.

First, you need a Landshark .. DUH! (you can actually do this with a Corona as well, but it's not as good). Then you need a lime flavored tequila (Margaritaville's is the best. Hornito's is pretty good too)


Once you have those 2 things, you need to remove the lids.


Take your tequila and pour it into the bottle stopping around the bottom of the head of the bottle. 


Cap the bottle with your hand a flip. Now, if you're feeling brave, you can flip it, turn it back over, and then take it to the face before it explodes. If you're too old for all that crap, flip it a time or two (keep a good seal with your hand or you'll spray the whole kitchen ... don't ask me how I know this), and then put it down on a counter with your hand still on it and allow everything time to settle down. This only takes a few seconds, but you need to let it settle or ... you'll spray everything in the kitchen.


Once everything has settled comes the most important part of ... you grab the bottle on the side, pull it towards your face, once you get the bottle to your mouth you tip the bottle up and enjoy.


Happy Friday everyone, have a great International Beer Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment