Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Review: Tin Lizzy's Cantina, Greenville, SC

Greenville has a new taqueria in Tin Lizzys Cantina, and we tried it out for the first time over the weekend.

We don't usually go for appetizers, but we were both starving and are suckers for a good chips and salsa ... plus, we had to try the for research purposes, right?

I usually add salt to the chips wherever we go. Not a whole lot, but a little sprinkle for a little flavor. Well, immediately I noticed these chips came with seasoning already added to them. To go with the chips, we ordered the hot salsa. It's always a tricky choice when ordering at a new place. Is the hot going to shoot steam out of my ears? Is the mild going to be red water? Well, the hot is exactly how I like it. Hot enough to get the nose opened up, but not make you want to cry. A good salsa mixed with delicious chips, and we'll be getting apps again in the future.


There were a few hiccups with Dawn's order. She ordered one beef taco, and one chicken taco with black beans and rice, but got 2 beef tacos and just black beans. It ended up being ok, because she really liked the beef tacos, and the black beans were really good just the way they were. I even heard some "mmmm's" between bites, so lets not start shedding any tears for her over the little confusion.


I ordered the Three Little Pigs Nachos. I mean where can you go wrong with pulled pork, bacon, and chorizo with cheese, jalapenos, lettuce (which I left off), and their honey chipotle BBQ sauce.


I just wanted you to be able to take that in before I went any further.

I admit, I'm not a big nacho guy, so it's not like I have a plethora of nachos to compare these too. What I'm saying is, I'm not a nacho snob like I am a BBQ snob (as the wifey likes to call me). With that said, these are by far the best nachos I've ever eaten. You get a good smokey flavor from all of pork, heat from the jalapenos, and some sweetness from the honey in the BBQ sauce.

I do also need to note, this is probably big enough for 2. I did put a pretty good dent into it, but I was miserably full.

This is a diet crushing dish, and it's worth every single calorie.




No comments:

Post a Comment