Friday, July 13, 2012

I'M BAAAAACCCCCCK

I'm still on Doctor orders to only eat soft foods, so I decided to make a pork butt. It's not exactly a "soft food" but I figured I'd be able to pull it fine enough to swallow it down if I had any problems.

I took my 9.13lb butt out of the package and got 'er ready.


Created my very first own injection. Dr Pepper 10, Water, Ac'cent, Salt, Cayenne, Onion and Garlic Powder.

I then went to town with my injector and filled it up all over to spread the flavoring.


Threw on a nice layer of Simply Marvelous Sweet Seduction rub.

Around half way through the cook I busted out my fancy smanshy new thermometer Dawn got me for my bday. That my friends is a Super Fast Thermapen that reads in 3 seconds (that's very important when you have the door wide open letting out heat).

After an hour rest it was time to pull. I pulled the butt out a little earlier than I usually do, so it was a little tougher than I normally get. The flavor of the injection and the rub was DELICIOUS though. I will definitely take this recipe and play with it some now.

The most important part of this cook ... I was finally able to eat some pork again ... and oh was it good. Like Michael Jordan ... I'M BAAAAACCCCCCK!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment