Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Eve Steaks

After turning down an offer to eat Waffle House for Christmas Eve. My g/f and I decided we wanted to steaks. We stopped in the grocery store and picked up a pack of New York strips after opening some presents and went home for prep.

We first added some Balsamic Vinegar and Whesirsirsirsirsirsire Sauce. Once the steaks had a layer of sauces I added the Tasty Licks Ribeye Rub and let the steaks sit for approx 45 minutes.



While the steaks were marinating I preheated the grill around 500. I threw the steaks on and 10 and 4, and switched to 2 and 8 for cross sears.


While I was grilling the steaks. Dawn (my g/f) was making Cajun Spiced Twice Baked Potatoes.


A flair up from the drippings caused the steaks to be closer to well done than the desired medium I prefer, but overall it was a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner ... and maybe a new tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment