Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Come Back Ribs and Smoked Potatoes

I've been dying for ribs, and since I can finally bite again it was time. We've seen on multiple shows people smoking potatoes and Dawn has been wanting me to give them a try.

I had a slab in the freezer from when they were on sale ... 5 years ago it seems. Took off the membrane and covered them with Plowboys Yardbird Rub.




Got my coals ready in the smoker.


Getting some fired up in my chimney.


I probably should have let them go a little longer, but I was already running a little later than I wanted.


The coals are on and now it's time to preheat.


I didn't get any pictures of me putting the ribs in, but they're in and smoking away.


I was trying to get a picture of the "blue smoke". When the smoke is light enough you can barely see it.


3 hours in and time to foil. Add some AJ to the foil, and wrapped 'em up.



Once the ribs went back in I added the potatoes.


An hour later the potatoes go in foil, and the chicken goes on. About half an hour later the ribs came out of the foil.


When It's all said and done ... it's time to eat.


Ribs and BBQ Chicken and smoked potatoes ... with a Jack and Dr. Pepper 10 and whatever beer Dawn was having in her Braves coozie.


My first bites into ribs in over 2 month (rocking my new old SC truckers hat and creme not ash grey Brethren shirt). The ribs cooked at a little higher temp that I would have liked, so they were further along the fall off the bone than I usually go for. For this situation and with sensitive teeth still ... they were perfect.

The potatoes were very good with a very light hent of smoke. We will be doing this again in the futue for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment