Sunday, July 27, 2014

Movie Review: Hercules




FINALLY, HERCULES HAS COME BACK ... TO SAVE THE DAY!!!!!

The Rock (a.k.a Dwayne Johnson) is one of my all time favorite wrestlers. He can say a line or give a look that will scare even the strongest of men, or a little smirk and goofy comment to make the meanest man laugh. He takes the term entertainer very seriously, and does everything in his power to make sure you get your moneys worth.

In all honesty, I feel sorry for the guy that did the other Hercules movie recently. I mean seriously, how do you think he felt when he was beating his chest saying "yeah, I get to play Hercules because I'm a bad ass." Then one day he gets a call, "so, Hollywood is releasing another Hercules movie." He probably laughed at first until the voice on the other end said "Dwayne Johnson is playing Hercules." I can't confirm this, but I'm pretty sure he dropped the phone to the ground as his head hung in embarrassment.

This movie, to me, is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Legends are more times than not created by stretching the truth a little. Hercules basically says this guy was a beast, but that doesn't mean he was alone in all of his feats.

From the very beginning of the movie Hercules layeths the smacketh down on mythological creature candy asses. He spends his adult life as a mercenary fighter. Having his legend spread by word, along with a few well placed shades to bend the truth.

The story really gets interesting when this "jabroni" decides to not be so truthful to Hercules, and use Hercules and his men (and woman) for his own personal gain. It finally comes to a boiling point as Hercules goes face to face with the jabroni and in not so many words asks "who in the blue hell are you?" ... obviously ... IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO YOU ARE!!!!!

Hercules will always be the people's champion, and this movie hits you like the people's elbow off the ropes. If you haven't figured it out by now, I definitely recommend you checking this one out.

IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLL ... ok, ok I'll stop.




No comments:

Post a Comment