Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Review: Thumbs Up Diner, Atlanta, GA



After a late night with Garth, we all needed a good breakfast for the road home. We went to the phones and found "Thumbs Up Diner". They had good reviews, and were near by, so we said what the heck.

I did the usual, scrambled eggs, grits, bacon, and dry toast ... I don't like buttered down soggy toast. The eggs were a lot more wet than I like. I don't know what it was, but I wasn't a fan. I still ate them because I was hungov ... I mean hungry ... but they were just eehhh. The grits were good once I add my butter and salt and pepper. The bacon was absolutely delicious. I know bacon is always delicious, but this was some of the better bacon I've ever had in a diner.


Dawn got "The Skillet Heap". It's a skillet with potatoes, onions, and peppers topped with cheddar jack cheese, two eggs, and toast or multi-grain biscuit, which she went with. Lets just say, the only part Dawn didn't like about this, was that we had a 3 hour drive home and we weren't sure if the leftovers would last that long, so she had to leave them behind.
(Note: no, she didn't eat all of this. I don't think she even touched half of it.)



Next time you're in Atlanta, here's a new place to give a try, just remember 2 things ... take cash, because they don't accept cards and bring me back some bacon.



No comments:

Post a Comment