Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Everything America Burger takes on Bobby Flay

The Everything American burger came to life thanks to a burger Throwdown on the BBQ Brethren. The Everything American burger didn't just challenge the Throwdown greats on the Brethren, it beat the great cooks of the BBQ Brethren.

The Everything American burger has lived in its glory for 2 and 1/2 years, and when Dawn told me that Bobby Flay and Food Network had put out a burger challenge ... I knew it was time for a Throwdown With Bobby Flay.

I started by dicing a quarter onion and green pepper.


Fried off 2 slices of thick cut bacon.


Beat 1 egg (not beaten in the picture).


We went to one of our favorite shops in Myrtle Beach over Labor Day weekend, and I just had to get this coozie. It's cool and it's from the year I was born, so I had to get it.


Mixed the diced onions and peppers, beaten egg, Nolan Ryan's Cajun and Steak seasoning, and ground beef and patted them out into 1/4lb patties.


Because a real man doesn't need a burger press/mold ... I add the bacon and pieces of pepper jack cheese and then lay the extra patty on top and press the edge closed all the way around.


It was really hard to stay outside and grill these burgers while this little guy was knocked out on the chair. I mean, come on, you know you want to just lay down beside him and snuggle up with him ...


Ok, put my man pants back on ...

To finish off the Everything American, I added more pepper jack cheese and peppered bacon to the top, and then even topped that off with some BBQ pork with Habanero Hot sauce. All of that went on a King's Hawaiian bun.


The original Everything American burger, was amazing, but this Everything American burger with the Nolan Ryan seasonings, only the Habanero Hot sauce, and the King's Hawaiian bun instead of the glazed doughnut, was the best burger I've ever eaten. Whether it wins the Bobby Flay challenge or not, there's nothing they can put out there than will beat this burger.

1 comment:

  1. Dang, man! I just ate lunch, but I would have to eat that right now.

    ReplyDelete