Friday, April 5, 2013

Sam Adams Spring Thaw Variety Pack

In the last 2-3 years I've really started to branch out a bit with my beers. Before, I was mostly a Bud Light kind of guy, and although I still prefer a Bud Light on most days, I've become a big Sam Adams fan. 

Probably my all-time favorite is the Sam Adams Summer Ale with Winter Lager being a very close second. I was checking out another persons entry to a Throwdown last week and noticed he had a picture of a Sam Adams Maple Pecan Porter (yes, that does sound AMAZING), so the search began. This weekend we went to Total Wine, and when I thought all hope was gone, I spotted this variety pack with it. 

Out of the entire pack, I had only tried the original Boston Lager, so each would end up being new to me. 


Now, I'll be the first to admit, I am far from a beer connoisseur. To me, a beer is either good, bad, or "it's ight". I mean, I still really have no clue what the difference between Lager, Ale, IPA, IPL, Red, Porter, or any other type of beer is. I just know good, bad, or ight. 

I'm THAT GUY that the bartender comes up to after I say "I'll try (insert beer)" and says "It's very hoppy isn't it?" and I say "Yeah, it's got a lot of ... flavor." To which he then responds "Oh, it's a very flavorful beer."    What does that even mean? I sure as heck don't know, it just sounded good. 

So, to say the least, I'm not guru when it comes to beers. With all of that said, I've really enjoyed every single one of these. The Irish Red and Double Agent are a little heavier than I usually prefer, but are not bad by a long shot. White Lantern is a beer that I could see myself picking up a 6 pack of. The Alpine Spring is my favorite out of the pack. 

Now, to the point of me buying the pack in the first place, the Maple Pecan Porter. This beer is delicious. It's like you're having a handful of pecans covered is maple syrup mmm mmm mmmmmmm. As you would think, it is a little heavier though, so it'd be tough to have multiples, but for a happy hour or a drink or two ... amazing. Now I can only hope they'll sell the 6 pack around here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment