Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Blue Ridge BBQ and Music Festival

This past weekend we went to the Blue Ridge BBQ and Music Festival. Of course, it was originally just for the BBQ competition, but then we found out about the local Arts and Craft shops, and the Classic Car show. I'm not that big into Arts and Crafts, but it's something different to do to kill a few minutes. 

We met up with some friends of ours on Friday night, and rode the motorcycles up to get a preview of the festivities. For me, it was to scope things out for the next day, and to plan my attack. 

Saturday was the fun filled day for me with the Classic Car show, and the filming for the BBQ Pitmaster's Season 5 Grand Championship episode. We got up to the festival around 11, and went over to the VIP area for lunch ... you just can't beat all you can eat BBQ and free beer. 

I didn't get to take a lot of pictures of the different set ups. It seemed like every time I walked through, people were either setting up or moving or tons of people were walking in the way or they were tearing down. 

A couple of my coworkers are big Tennessee Vol fans, so when I saw this pit I had to get a picture for them. It's not my cup of tea, but I have to admit, the pit is sharp. I didn't see any markings/logos, but I'm pretty sure it's a Jambo Pit. Jambo is one of the best looking pits out there, and if they were closer, I would probably own one (the backyard model anyway). 



To add to the irony of me taking a picture of that pit, as the only competing pit I took a picture of, they went on to win the Grand Championship. 

If you want to see the rest of the results, you can see them here

No comments:

Post a Comment