Thursday, June 27, 2013

Movie Review: White House Down



Last Saturday, I got suckered into go to Zumba with Dawn so we could get free passes to White House Down. How I got stuck having to work out to see a movie I really wasn’t too thrilled to see in the first place shows you the power of marriage.

I tried my best to go into the movie with an open mind, but I must be honest, we’d already seen Olympus Has Fallen and these appeared to be (more or less) the same movie. Still, I told myself “be open to it, you may like it.” The longer the movie went, the longer I felt like they were ripping off Olympus Has Fallen (or visa versa and Olympus just beat them to the punch releasing it). Obviously, Dawn went into the movie googoo and gaga over Channing Tatum, but she even leaned over once and said “I feel like I’ve seen this movie already.”

Minus the deja vu, again, it was a good movie. It won’t be one I go out and buy the DVD for, but it was a good free movie. The parts that were mirror images of OHF were laced in comedic one-liners. I should have expected it with Jamie Foxx and Channing Tatum, but the previews mad it look like a serious action movie. The rest of the auditorium seemed to enjoy the wise cracks a breaks in action, but for me, it just came over cheesy and never really added to the movie.

It wasn’t my cup of tea, but you may still like it if you went to see it so I wouldn’t say it’s a “don’t waste your money” kind of movie. I will say, if you’ve already seen Olympus Has Fallen I don’t think White House Is Down will live up to your expectations.

I give 2 ½ pigs.




No comments:

Post a Comment