Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A New Record

Apparently you people love some potatoes. Yesterday's post of the Spicy Armadillo Potato hasn't just broken the previous record of views in a day (it was around 230), it SHATTERED that record. 

I've read books on blogs and seen other blogs where they talk about having thousands and hundred of thousands of views a day, and honestly I can't imagine having that many people take a minute out of their day to see what I have to say. Heck, my goal is to hit 100 views per post and I'm thrilled every time I do.  

Well, if yesterday is any indication of where One Nine 3 is heading, and I hope it is, those other numbers may have a chance of becoming a reality. 

I posted the Spicy Armadillo Potato around 1 yesterday afternoon and almost immediately the hits started coming. It hit 50 views in 2 hours (usually a KILLER performance). By the time I left work around 4:30 it was around 130 views (I'm averaging a little over 100 views per post, not 130 within 4 hours). I went to the gym last night to ref Basketball and checked the numbers again when I got home, 313 views. 

At this point, I have to admit, I'm freaking out like a school girl at a Justin Bieber (if that's not spelled right so be it) concert. 

I was already happy with the numbers at that point and expect them to stall out overnight as most do ... wrong again. 

The total number of views in the 24 hours of posting the Spicy Armadillo Potatoes (whether that's what people looked at or not), and a NEW record of number of views in a day IS ............................. 651!!!!!

Again, these numbers don't scrape the bottle of the barrel for those big dog professional blogs, but for someone that does this for kicks on the side, I can't explain how this makes me feel. I guess for those of you that have children, this is like my son just made his first basket for the 8 and under church team. 

This won't be the last time you read this from me, but THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone that reads my blog, and helps spread the word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment