Friday, March 22, 2013

Tex-Mex Sloppy Joses

I've never been a huge fan of Sloppy Joes, because most people like to fill them with tons of onions. Dawn found this recipe and pitched it to me that it had beer and bacon. I'm sure after that I stopped paying attention, so I don't know everything else that goes into these.

If you'd like to make these for yourself, here's the full recipe here.

For some reason, it felt like I was killing the bacon having to prechop it. 


Once the bacon was cooked, I scooped it out and then added the ground beef to the bacon grease.


Once the beef has browned, we added the dry ingredients and bacon back to the mix.



Cooked those for 5 minutes, and then added the beer to cook in. 



Added the sauce and let it reduce. 




Since these are the first Sloppy Joses I've ever had ... it's safe to say ... these are the best haha. The Jalapeno Bacon rub I added to fries went great with the jalapeno and bacon of the burgers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment