Tuesday, July 30, 2013

T-Bone & Shrimp Throwdown

It's been a few weeks since my last Throwdown, so I jumped at the T-Bone and Seafood TD this week. Now, I'm not a big Seafood fan, but I can stand shrimp every now and then. I asked Dawn what she thought about doing some Shrimp and Grits, but adding steak to it. She wasn't too thrilled about that idea, but came up with the idea to do a T-Bone with Shrimp and a side of Cheese Grits. 

There's actually a difference between a T-Bone and a Porterhouse, if you didn't know. The Filet Mignon of a Porterhouse is a lot larger than that of a regular T-Bone. They're actually from the same cut from the cow, but one is on one side and the other is on the other. Don't worry, I had to watch a YouTube video to know that too. 

This steak is one of those in betweeners. Actually, I picked this one up and another that looked almost identical. The other said T-Bone and this said Porterhouse, but the T-bone one was $2 more and again, looked identical, so I went with the Porterhouse one (although, this still doesn't look like a true Porterhouse). 


We did our usual Steak set up ... Whorshirshsirehsierhesrere, Balsamic Vinegar, and The Rub Co.'s Santa Maria seasoning. 


Dawn worked on the Shrimp and gave them a coat of butter, parsley, and garlic.


First the T-Bone went on the grill while Dawn was inside making the grits. 


I pulled the steak to let it rest and then threw the shrimp on for a couple of minutes on both sides.



The steak ended up being a little further than I wanted. It was still pink in the middle but closer to medium-well than medium like I prefer it. Either way, the steak was awesome, the shrimp were awesome, and the cheese grits were AMAZING. This may be a dish we replicate in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment