Monday, January 30, 2012

Farewell Rib (cook)

When I left work Friday afternoon I ran by BiLo to pick up the ribs. I normally like Food Lion/Bloom's ribs better, but BiLo was across the street and Food Lion was 30 minutes down the road. I went with St Louis cut as always, but these were a bit more fatty than usual.


I trimmed off the big hunks of fat and removed the membrane.


Then added my last bit of Plowboys Yardbird Rub. (I have to cut the racks in half to fit in my smoker)



One tool that I don't believe I could live without is my Redi-Chek Remote theremometer. It sends the signal up to 100 feet, so when it's 30 degrees outside. I can check my temps while sitting on the couch.


The ribs have just gone in the smoker, and the wood chips are added.


I let them cook for 3 hours, then wrapped in foil for an hour and a half, then took them back out and cooked another half hour to 45 minutes. I cut them up in 2 bones and took them to work. One guy that NEVER shuts up took a bite and all he could do was give me a thumbs up. I had another tell me that these were better than one of the strong local BBQ restaurants. Needless to say, these were pretty good ... whether they were a day "old" or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment