Monday, December 31, 2012

Farewell To 20 12

Farewell to a year that my life was such a huge roller coaster that Disney, 6 Flags, and Carowinds called about doing a signature ride at their parks about me. 2012 started off like any good roller coaster would. By doing that slow clinking climb up. I started a new job in February for an IT solutions provider (if any of you need a contact for computers, printers, monitors, phones ... anything. I'm your guy. Ok, so a shameless attempt to get business) after working for the same tool company for nearly 10 years.  

I started my new job and things were going great. I was winning some deals and making some sells at work, and I felt Dawn and I were ready to take our relationship to the next level. One May 25th I went for the first time to look for an engagement ring. I had looked around online or passing by before, but hadn't really dug into it yet. I knew what she wanted, so I didn't really have THAT big of a decision to make. 

On May 26th around 7a.m. my roller coaster hit that notorious first hellacious drop that coasters are known for. To save everyone from a replay of the play by play. If you didn't follow my blog around then. Please go back and look at the Cack Fall Down and Go Boom post. (I have to admit, I haven't even reread it.)

ANNNNNNYWAY, roller coaster up and down, up and down blah blah blah. On the last Friday of my time out from the accident. I met my sister at a jewelry store client of hers after meeting Dawn for lunch. It only took a few minutes before I had her "something shiny" in the works of being made. 

Dawn always said that she had to have her "something shiny" before I could have my new smoker. It wasn't really an ultimatum, but it was a joke she would often say whenever I would drool over the Lang or Jambo websites. Well ... I always told myself it wasn't an ultimatum ... hhhmmmmmm. 

The same day I proposed to Dawn I also let her know that I purchased Jessica. (Guys remember, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. It's also easier to get forgiveness when she gets a new piece of jewelry.) We were out at dinner with a group of our friends (that I had secretly set up behind her back) when I dropped the news about the smoker. She gave me "that look" then went back to the ring ... it works I tell ya.

The second half of the year has mostly been spent getting back to normal. The swelling is gone but I still have some numbness in my face, I've started back to the gym and reffing Basketball, we've been going to concerts and on long weekends out of town like we used to, and South Carolina stomped Clemson again. Yep, just things getting back to normal. 

This next year is shaping up to be a blast. I plan on helping out in my first BBQ comp in April, Dawn and I will be getting married in May, and I'm going to turn this blog into a beast. 

Thank you to each and every one of you that take a few minutes out of your day here and there to check out my blog. You don't know how awesome it is when I check to see if anyone is looking, and 20 people have viewed since the post went up. 

If you keep looking ... I'll keep posting.


No comments:

Post a Comment